Assist the Head of Legal and Compliance to provide sound advice with respect to legal and regulatory issues relating to insurance products, contractual relationships with business partners and suppliers, or any complaints, claims, or potential litigation.
- Review legal contracts and documents to identify potential risks for the company and advises senior management on terms that will protect the interests of the company.
- Provide general legal advice relating to the business operations as well as specific advice on products, services, branding and certain legal actions to be taken to ensure the company takes actions or positions that are legally sound and help to resolve possible conflicts at an early stage.
- Provides legal advice to various distribution channels including agency, bancassurance, brokers, telemarketing and digital business
- Provides company secretarial support
- Coordinates with US Home Office/ regional/corporate legal offices as appropriate on legal issues that are being addressed and seeks advice and agreement on legal strategies as necessary.
- Compiles departmental reports in a timely manner to the respective parties in the US Home Office/region/corporate legal offices.
- Negotiates with external service providers to ensure that they are fully briefed on their assignments and that fees are commensurate to the work product being provided; coordinates and reviews the work of external service providers to ensure that it meets the company’s needs.
- Participates in various project teams (business development, product development, strategic and business planning) to provide sound legal advice to help in shaping the direction of the business.
- In the absence of the Head of Legal & Compliance, deputizes his legal functions where necessary and appropriate.
- Such other functions to be assigned by the Head of Legal and Compliance.
- Individuals in this position typically have 5 to 8 years post qualification experience;
- Thorough knowledge in life insurance operations, in-depth knowledge of product development, distributions models (including agency, bancassurance and brokers channels);
- Experience in dealing with
- regulators such as SFC and IA
- Familiar with codes and regulations of SFC, OCI and other industrial associations;
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving and ability and interpersonal skills (ability to effectively manage country and regional level relationships);
- A team player with strong written and communication skills;
- Mature, proactive, innovative and creative;
- Fluent in spoken and written English as well as Chinese
- Proficient computer skills in MS applications and Chinese input.
Mr. Armstrong Lee
Director, Worldwide Consulting Group Co. Ltd.
Tel: 2868 6138
* Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only